1) How will I know the shipping cost of my order?
- We will quote you the best possible rate for your order. Once we know the weight and destination zip code of your order we will contact the trucking companies for a quotation. We have discounts with all the carriers we use and we pass the savings on to you. Our goal is to ship your order using a reputable trucking company that provides both good service and reasonable rates.
- We will contact you with this information, help you decide the best delivery option and, with your approval, fulfill your order.
- No charges will be made to your credit card before we have your approval.
2) What factors impact my shipping costs?
- Commercial or business address delivery - must be able to receive a tractor trailer and have equipment to unload. Dock to dock shipment is the least expensive way to ship. Order may also be picked up at the trucking terminal in your area.
- Residential address - including businesses operating out of a home, contruction sites, locations with no unloading facilities. There is an additional non-commercial delivery fee of $60.00 or more (depending on the weight of the shipment and carrier). The list of non-commercial sites is quite long. In some cases the determination is made by the delivering driver.
- Lift gate - used to lower shipment to the ground. This requires a special truck and there is a fee which varies with each carrier. This feature, though expensive, makes it much easier to unload a heavy shipment. There is less chance of the material being damaged using this option.
- Notification - prior to delivery. There is an additional charge which varies with each carrier.
- Re-delivery - if delivery cannot be made on the first attempt. There is an additional charge which varies with each carrier.
3) Do I need to be present to receive a delivery?
- Truck shipments - there must be someone to receive the shipment off the truck and sign for the material. No delivery will be made without a signature.
- UPS and USPS - in most cases these shipments can be left without a signature.
4) What if there is a shortage or my order is damaged?
- Any shortages or damage must be noted on both the driver's copy and your signed copy of the receiving papers.
- The order must be closely inspected upon receipt. Failure to note shortage or damage makes it difficult or impossible to collect from the trucking company.
- You must make your own restitution with the delivering carrier for any shortage or material damaged in transit.
5) How can I track my order?
- We will email you the carrier name and tracking information when the order has shipped.
- You can use this number to track your shipment online.
6) Do you ship COD or freight collect?
- No. We do not ship COD or freight collect.
1) How do I order if I do not want to use a credit card?
- When you have selected the products you want, email us: email@example.com , call us: 800/225-0508 or write us: WireFenceOnline - P.O. Box 639 - Sterling, MA 01564. We will contact you with the total, including shipping.
2) How do I pay for my order if I do not want to use a credit card?
- You can also pay by certified check, bank check, money order, or personal check (allow 7 business days for check to clear).
3) How do I complete my order if I do not know what the shipping will cost?
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org , call us: 800/225-0508 or write us: WireFenceOnline - P.O. Box 639 - Sterling, MA 01564 with your order. We will contact you with the total, including shipping.
1) What payment options do I have?
- You can pay by credit card, certified check, bank check, money order, or personal check (allow 7 business days for check to clear).
1) Can I return material that I do not need?
No, per manufacturers, we do not accept items for return. Please assure that you have calculated your needs properly prior to placing your order.
1) Can I return damaged material?
- Not if the material is damaged in transit.
- Damage must be noted and clearly marked on both the driver's and your copy of the delivery receipt.
- It is your responsibility to file a claim with the delivering carrier. We will help you with the claim process.